3/4 HP garbage disposals are a great option for most households. They are powered, obviously, by a 3/4 horsepower rated motor.
The higher power of the garbage disposal means fewer jams and clogs and more cutting power. 3/4 HP disposals can cut through most household wastes, including chicken bones. If you are not sure what size garbage disposal you need, simply opt for a 3/4 HP one.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the benefits of 3/4 HP garbage disposals, as well as key factors to consider when purchasing one.
Benefits of 3/4 HP Garbage Disposals
Compared to lower horsepower options, 3/4 HP garbage disposals provide a number of benefits. Here are a few:
- More power: A 3/4 HP garbage disposal is powerful enough to handle most types of food waste, including hard vegetables, bones, and fruit pits. This means that you’ll be less likely to experience jams or clogs, which can be frustrating and time-consuming to deal with.
- Quieter operation: While a 3/4 HP garbage disposal is more powerful than lower horsepower models, it is still relatively quiet in operation. This is because it doesn’t have to work as hard to grind up food waste, which reduces noise and vibration.
- Durability: A 3/4 HP garbage disposal is typically built with more durable materials than lower horsepower models, which means that it is less likely to break or wear down over time. This can save you money in the long run, as you won’t have to replace your garbage disposal as frequently.
Top 3/4 HP garbage disposals
1. InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Compact Garbage Disposer
The InSinkErator Evolution Compact is one of the most advanced garbage disposals available.
It is innovatively designed to complement your kitchen and grind tougher food waste. This garbage disposal does it more quietly than most machines in its class.
Its patented MultiGrind technology shreds food scraps by repeatedly breaking them into smaller, finer particles. Even chicken bones and melon grinds do not have a chance.
If you are replacing your old InSinkErator garbage disposal, the process is easy and fast, thanks to the Quick Lock Mount. This feature is compatible with all InSinkErator garbage disposals.
Being a compact unit, it is ideal for small households or apartments with limited cabinet space. It easily fits under the sink. This unit boasts of SoundSeal Technology which makes it one of the quietest garbage disposals.
- Space Efficient
- Quiet but powerful
- Durable components
- Simple installation
- It does not come with a power cord
2. InSinkErator Badger 5XP Garbage Disposal
The InSinkErator Badger 5XP is designed for grinding everyday food waste. It is a perfect choice when space and affordability are critical considerations like other Badger machines.
The compact, space-saving design means you can install it under the sink and in houses with limited space.
Like other InSinkErator garbage disposals, it comes with the Quick Lock Mount mechanism for easy disposal replacement and installation.
With the powerful 3/4HP dura-drive induction motor and lack of wearable parts, you are assured of consistent, maintenance-free performance. Additionally, its galvanized steel parts ensure you have a long-lasting machine for grinding daily food scraps.
- Easy swap installation as it comes with all hardware needed
- Comes with a power cord
- Steel construction for added longevity
- Quiet performance
- A bit heavier
3. Waste King L-3200 Garbage Disposal
Although it has a compact design, the Waste King L-3200 is a powerful garbage disposal. It tackles the daily food scraps with a high-speed, energy-efficient motor that delivers an impressive grind.
You will find this unit easy to install and you can always rely on it. Its grinding chamber consists of steel components for added durability. The sleek design helps you save storage space under the sink. A notable feature of this unit is its replaceable splash guard. This makes it easy to retrieve dropped items and clean your disposal.
If you have a septic system installed in your home, this unit, like other Waste King Disposals, is compatible with properly sized septic tanks. Its continuous feed mechanism means your machine will keep running until you turn it off.
The installation process of Waste King L 3200 is swift, thanks to the EZ mount. Also, with the pre-installed power, it is only plug-and-play.
- Easy to clean due to removable splash guard
- Sleek design
- Sound insulated
- Excellent durability
- Quite bulky
4. Moen GXS75C Host Series 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal
The Moen GXS75C is not your ordinary garbage disposal. It is designed for households that frequently cook for many guests and require advanced cleanup power.
With the 2,700-rpm grinding speed, you are provided with powerful grinding of tough food wastes with minimal jamming.
The SoundSHIELD technology means you have a quiet but powerful machine. Although it boasts of this technology, it is a bit noisy.
When it comes to installation, you will benefit from its Simple Swap feature. This feature makes it fit pre-existing assembles. Moreover, the pre-installed power cord and compact design make the installation process quite straightforward. You can use this garbage disposal with properly sized septic tanks.
- Built to last
- Pre-installed power cord
- Quiet performance
- Less jamming
- Compact design
- Continuous feed mechanism
- It is a bit louder
5. Frigidaire FF75DISPC1 3/4-HP Corded Disposer
The Frigidaire FF75DISPC1 boasts a compact, lightweight design that fits many existing sink mounts for simple installation.
It is a high-quality garbage disposal that comes with a magnetic ring that captures metal objects before they gain entry into the grinding chamber.
Its balanced grinding system delivers smooth operation to quietly and quickly grind even the toughest food scraps. Also, it helps protect your kitchen against sink odors caused by food residue buildup thanks to Bio Shield Antimicrobial technology.
- Smooth and quick grinding
- Space-saving design
- Non-stop grind
- Advanced odor fighting
- Easy to install
- Not as quiet as expected
6. Moen GXB75C Host Series 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal
The Moen GXB75C is designed for households that frequently cook.
It is built with a powerful motor and sleek design to save on space. The high-speed motor helps to reduce jamming. This garbage disposal grinds food wastes such as small fruit pits, banana peels, cooked meats, and small bones.
Its compact and lightweight design makes it easy to install and saves up on kitchen space. With batch feed technology, you are assured of safe operation as nothing enters the unit whenever it is in use. Also, its exclusive 360-degree clean rinse gets rid of odors by rinsing away food waste.
Installation of this unit is quite straightforward because of its Universal XPRESS Mount, which fits 3-bolt mounting assemblies. In addition, it comes with a pre-installed power cord. Unlike most garbage disposals, its power cord is removable for optional hand wiring.
- Safe grinding
- Reduced noise
- Septic safe
- Built to last
- A bit noisy
7. Waste King L-5000TC Garbage Disposal
The Waste King L-5000TC comes with a pre-installed power cord for easy installation without the need for electrical work.
It is powered by an energy-efficient, high-speed motor that delivers 2700 RPM to ensure minimal jamming.
It is built to last, thanks to stainless steel grinding chamber components. Additionally, the grinding chamber is corrosion-proof.
This garbage disposal boasts of batch feed mechanism that is activated by the drain stopper. The batch feed disposal is suitable for households that do not generate lots of food waste. Moreover, it is a safer option for families with small children. This is because the unit cannot run without the cover in place.
- Safe operation
- Powerful motor that reduces jamming
- Septic safe
- Durable components
- Compact design saves space
- Activation is a bit difficult
8. InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 Garbage Disposal
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist provides confidence to homeowners with septic tank systems.
With Bio-Charge technology, it ensures continuous injection of microorganisms to break down food wastes.
This innovative waste disposal boasts of SoundSeal Technology. Thus, it delivers advanced noise reduction along with powerful motor and MultGrind technology. You can always be assured this unit will handle even the toughest food waste.
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Fewer clogs and jamming
- Better grinding
- Easy swap installation
- Beautiful design
- Septic safe
- Quite bulky
Buying Guide for 3/4 HP Garbage Disposals
If you’re in the market for a 3/4 HP garbage disposal, here are some key factors to consider:
- Noise level: While 3/4 HP garbage disposals are generally quieter than lower horsepower models, there can still be significant variation in noise levels between different brands and models. Look for a model that is designed to operate quietly, with noise-reducing features such as insulation and anti-vibration mounts.
- Durability: When choosing a 3/4 HP garbage disposal, it’s important to look for a model that is built to last. This means selecting a model with a durable motor, stainless steel components, and a corrosion-resistant grind chamber.
- Ease of installation: Installing a garbage disposal can be a challenging and time-consuming task, especially if you don’t have experience with plumbing. Look for a model that comes with clear installation instructions and is designed to be easy to install.
- Price: While 3/4 HP garbage disposals are generally more expensive than lower horsepower models, there can be significant variation in price between different brands and models. Consider your budget and look for a model that provides the best value for your money.
Installation and Maintenance Tips Once you’ve selected a 3/4 HP garbage disposal, it’s important to install it properly and maintain it regularly. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your garbage disposal:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when installing your garbage disposal. If you’re not comfortable with plumbing work, consider hiring a professional to do the installation for you.
- Be mindful of what you put down your garbage disposal. Avoid putting non-food items, hard bones, or fibrous foods like celery or artichokes down the disposal, as these can cause jams or clogs.
- Keep your garbage disposal clean by running cold water down the drain while it is in use and by periodically grinding up citrus peels or ice cubes to help remove any buildup.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners to clean your garbage disposal, as these can damage the motor and other components. Instead, use a natural cleaner like baking soda and vinegar.
A 3/4 HP garbage disposal can be a valuable addition to any kitchen, providing a powerful and efficient way to manage food waste. When choosing a 3/4 HP garbage disposal, consider factors such as noise level, durability, ease of installation, and price. By selecting a quality model and following proper installation and maintenance procedures, you can enjoy the benefits of a 3/4 HP garbage disposal for years to come.
Can 3/4HP Garbage Disposal Grind Bones?
3/4 HP garbage disposals can grind chicken bones but not beef bones. That is because chicken bones are more fragile and softer. Hence, they are easily grounded or shredded. It is not recommended to grind beef bones as they can damage your disposal.
Which is Better; Batch Feed or Continuous Feed 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal?
Garbage disposals with continuous feed mechanisms continue to run until they are stopped. Continuous feed disposals are easy to use. On the other hand, batch feed units run in shifts. You need to fill its chamber and then cover it before powering it on. As a result, batch feed disposals are safe to use and more durable. All these types will get the work done.